Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rhymes of History

One of the most popular technologies today is the eBook Reader. While I have yet to venture into this brave new world, I look on with envy as I watch those around me enjoy this emerging technological wonder. In my imagination, this little device conjures the wonders of a vast library at my fingertips. I look forward to the day that I can carry one with me as I travel, making a long plane flight a much more pleasant experience. Having one reading device for books, newspapers, magazines, and internet reading is a truly cool.


As one examines the rhymes of history, the eBook Reader rekindles the human desire for shared experience. As we move away from the hardbound book, we still have the need to tangibly connect the ideas of others. While we want to take the books wherever we may need to go, we do not really want the weight of the mounds of books that this one little device is capable of storing and carrying.


Here are a couple of useful websites for comparing the currently available options and guiding your selection.

http://www.ereaderleader.com/ereader-comparison/
http://ebook-reader-review.toptenreviews.com/

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly, I'm reminded of oral histories, then printed material, to the mass production offered by the printing press. The ereader takes that shared experience to an entire new level!

    I envy those who have a booklist at their fingertips, but feel that I should wait until I finish school and reward myself with classics I've wanted to read for years!

    ReplyDelete